MP2500[ JEPMC-MP25□0-□□□ ]
Increases System Intelligence
The panel-type MP2500 and MP2500M machine controllers combine high-speed sequencing control with high-capacity programming, motion control with high-precision synchronous control of multiple axes, easy-to-operate engineering tools, and a screen-creation tool in one panel computer.
Feature 1Touch Panel and Controller Combined
- Drastically improved operability because of its compact size and reduced wiring.
- IP65f-rated cover with excellent environmental resistance for front touch panel.
- The system monitor utility of the RAS feature* can be used to monitor the hardware status.
* : The Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability feature is provided to increase system reliability and includes various functions such as monitoring-related functions.
- USB ports on front panel for USB devices such as mouse, keyboard, and external memory devices.
- Ethernet communication ports for connection to trunk route of the network.
Feature 2Advanced Functions
- With MECHATROLINK-II 's transmission speed of 10 Mbps, high-speed and high-precision motion control on multiple axes can be realized.
- High-precision synchronous processing for 16 axes with the MP2500 and 32 axes with the MP2500M machine controllers.
The MP2500D (16 axes) and MP2500MD (32 axes) controllers are also available with one empty PCI slot.
- With Windows XP Embedded installed in the CompactFlash ROM, no hard disk is required and reliability is increased.
- Programming port for an MPE720-installed PC that can be used to develop and debug application programs.
- PCMCIA slot to increase data area.
- Three combinations of memory and microprocessor are available: 256 Mbytes with Eden, 256 Mbytes with Pentium 4, and 512 Mbytes with Pentium 4.
- Comparison of MP2500, MP2500M, MP2500D, and MP2500MD
|MECHATROLINK-II Number of Port||1||1||2||2|
|Number of Built-in PCI Slots||1
Feature 3Various Software Packages Installed for Easy Operation
- 51 API functions for developing applications.
- MotionScreen (optional), a screen-creation tool, to develop HMI without programming.
With MotionScreenBuilder, drag the icons for different components to an open screen on the panel and select the properties to develop screens for the operation and monitoring of the controller.
Screens created using Visual Basic/Visual C++ can also be used.
Also, operations can be tested in on-screen simulations.
Data logs can be saved in CSV files.
- MotionScreen can be used for developing application programs to monitor servo waveforms.
- Use Windows Installer to install the following programs*.
Adobe Reader Ver. 6.0, Microsoft Excel 2000, and FTP tool.
* : With some functional restrictions
Note: After installing other software, testing is required before use.
Contact your Yaskawa representative for more information.
Feature 4Remote maintenance for maintenance management support (optional)
- MotionScreen APIs enable you to view the status of your MP2500(M/D/MD) on any computer connected to your network.
- MagicConnect enables you to remotely operate the MP2500(M/D/MD) from anywhere in the world via the Internet for easy maintenance management from distant locations.
Feature 5Various Interfaces
Feature 6With PCI Slot for Expansion
- The MP2500D and MP2500MD controllers have an empty PCI slot to allow expansion by
simply installing a user's expansion card*.
Moreover, an MP2100MEX I/F board can be attached to the MP2500MD, so that 3 additional racks (MP2200 base units) with 8 optional modules per rack can be connected by using EXIOIF cables and EXIOIF modules.
* : Be sure that your extension card is compatible with Windows XP Embedded and use it at your own risk.
Note : MP2500D and MP2500MD can only be used with the Eden CPU with 256 Mbytes memory.