(1)Details of Warranty
- Warranty Period
- The warranty period for a product that was purchased (hereafter called “delivered product”) is one year from the time of delivery to the location specified by the customer or 18 months from the time of shipment from the Yaskawa factory, whichever is sooner.
- Warranty Scope
- Yaskawa shall replace or repair a defective product free of charge if a defect attributable to Yaskawa occurs during the warranty period above. This warranty does not cover defects caused by the delivered product reaching the end of its service life and replacement of parts that require replacement or that have a limited service life. This warranty does not cover failures that result from any of the following causes.
- Improper handling, abuse, or use in unsuitable conditions or in environments not described in product catalogs or manuals, or in any separately agreed-upon specifications
- Causes not attributable to the delivered product itself
- Modifications or repairs not performed by Yaskawa
- Abuse of the delivered product in a manner in which it was not originally intended
- Causes that were not foreseeable with the scientific and technological understanding at the time of shipment from Yaskawa
- Events for which Yaskawa is not responsible, such as natural or human-made disasters
(2)Limitations of Liability
- Yaskawa shall in no event be responsible for any damage or loss of opportunity to the customer that arises due to failure of the delivered product.
- Yaskawa shall not be responsible for any programs (including parameter settings) or the results of program execution of the programs provided by the user or by a third party for use with programmable Yaskawa products.
- The information described in product catalogs or manuals is provided for the purpose of the customer purchasing the appropriate product for the intended application. The use thereof does not guarantee that there are no infringements of intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of Yaskawa or third parties, nor does it construe a license.
- Yaskawa shall not be responsible for any damage arising from infringements of intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of third parties as a result of using the information described in catalogs or manuals.
(3)Suitability for Use
- It is the customer’s responsibility to confirm conformity with any standards, codes, or regulations that apply if the Yaskawa product is used in combination with any other products.
- The customer must confirm that the Yaskawa product is suitable for the systems, machines, and equipment used by the customer.
- Consult with Yaskawa to determine whether use in the following applications is acceptable. If use in the application is acceptable, use the product with extra allowance in ratings and specifications, and provide safety measures to minimize hazards in the event of failure.
- Outdoor use, use involving potential chemical contamination or electrical interference, or use in conditions or environments not described in product catalogs or manuals
- Nuclear energy control systems, combustion systems, railroad systems, aviation systems, vehicle systems, medical equipment, amusement machines, and installations subject to separate industry or government regulations
- Systems, machines, and equipment that may present a risk to life or property
- Systems that require a high degree of reliability, such as systems that supply gas, water, or electricity, or systems that operate continuously 24 hours a day
- Other systems that require a similar high degree of safety
The names, specifications, appearance, and accessories of products in product catalogs and manuals may be changed at any time based on improvements and other reasons. The next editions of the revised catalogs or manuals will be published with updated code numbers. Consult with your Yaskawa representative to confirm the actual specifications before purchasing a product.